Saturday, April 24, 2010

I am no more a child ..

She looked around,
Windows shut.
Curtains drawn…
The lights suddenly so bright…
Her arm scratched..
Her lips so dry…

Nameless hands,
Remorseful tears…
The clothes all tattered…
Her mind battered…
Was she just 13?
Or was it all a dream…

Feeling uncanny,
Her feet sauntered…
Lost was her mind.
Shunned were her eyes…
Her toys suddenly became alive,
Monsters they looked like…

Mummy, hold me again…
I am just so naïve..
Look around…
Tell me what happened…
Those faces seemed familiar…

I am no more a child…

3 comments:

  1. amazing poem, as a reader, can actually visualise d poem...too gud, can also feel d story behind d poem...simple language yet elegance at its best...dis wat i call "Simply Elegant"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luvely...da inspiration behind dis???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rounak - Thanks.... Appreciate your response :)

    Nidhi - thnks nidhi. Well its all about a news piece that I saw on TV yest night.. and hence this blurted out !! :)

    ReplyDelete