Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Amitian Moments - An Introduction(Part 1)

This post is not one of those literary masterpieces that bloggers like me strive to aim for . But, it is a collection of an indiviual's memories of her 2 years that she never expected , would crop up in her life. Today, as she is all set to depart from this world to another, she feels a sense of deja vu, a corner in her heart is being fragmented and all she can do is let it happen...

I entered Amity University,India in the summer of July 2007 , running away from a place and a mannequin like life , that had literally engulfed me . I was feeling trapped and so closed from within that my mind and soul needed to be independent...

Amity University - We nurture talent. That's the tagline it boasts of. I dont know how much talent does it actually produce but yes, this place has given me a lifetime of my life, moments and times I am already starting to miss and above all, my first time experience of a HOSTEL LIFE.

It was scary actually for a lazy ass like me , when she came to know that everything in the Hostel had to be done on your own! I had never even washed my clothes myself before this, but as they say, it happened. I was booed, I was shit scared by everyone I met, but yes, deep down I knew, that this is going to be a start for my new birth, new emotions, new people and a new experience.

I had after careful thought chosen to pursue , Masters in Mass Communication and Journalism and with a thud and a bang , I landed in my class of MJMC(abbreviation), a bunch of people, who for the next two years would not only change my life but also become an important part of it.
(I would explain each member , and trust me, ur gona love it)

This was just the introduction , a backgrounder of sorts, so u know what I will be talking about. I,myself do not know how many parts it's going to run for, but yes, all I know is that, this is something, which made Honey PROUD of her decisions!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Simmy, a hostel life experience in India is worth a lot. Glad you had one or at parties and social gatherings you would'a had to endure many ppl saying... kya?! aap kabhi hostel me nahi rahin?! hehehe
    Nice post and do write more frequently!
    Kush

    ReplyDelete